The ChiBall™ exercises are based on the following movement disciplines:
- Tai Chi and Qi Gong cleanses, rejuvenates and refreshes the internal body by regulating the breath and meridian system. .
- ChiBall™ Dance invigorates the metabolism, and generates mobility and flexibility using energetic, gentle, slow, continuous movement patterns for detoxification and to increase oxygen supply to the muscles, the brain and other internal systems.
- Yoga increases strength, flexibility, concentration, balance and self-awareness.
- Pilates develops core strength, supports the spine, stabilises the pelvis and increases the mobility of the joints.
- Feldenkrais Method helps us rediscover the effortless movement patterns of childhood, and cultivate the art of listening, letting go and learning from ourselves about ourselves.
- Deep Relaxation and Meditation induces calmness of mind and body through deep breathing, visualisation and meditation.
Our internal organs and body systems also resonate with each seasonal energy. During each season, the organs present themselves for an annual service of internal cleansing and healing. Exercises that move, massage, stimulate and stretch the organs and their associated meridian channels have a deeply tonifying effect, and with regular practice, can help us to sustain a more balanced and harmonious state of health throughout the year.
Music is used in ChiBall to alter our state of mind. Each element of Chinese medicine has a certain energetic resonance. The wood element is a gentle rising energy; fire is vibrant and energetic; earth has a centring and nourishing vibration; the metal energy travels inward and is quiet and relaxing, water has a still and reflective quality. Equally the ChiBall music must complement these elemental examples of Chi as expressed through the seasons. Music for the wood element needs to have an awakening quality, for fire – vibrant and lively themes are ideal. Earth element music is soft, gently stimulating without being distracting. For metal there should be virtually no beat at all and purely instrumental. Atmospheric pieces with chimes and chanting are ideal for water.